There's FIRE!
Pete was mowing the block. The grass has dried out and was getting long.
The shed you can see in the photo is my sewing shed!
My fabric stash and machines are in there.
So is Pete's office complete with professional standard cameras and mega amounts of digital editing equipment and computers.
The fire was started by the lawn mower.
The fire melted the lawn mowers fuel line and woosh up it all went.
Lots of running around.
I have no photos of the fire engine as I was busy getting the kids out of the house and onto the front lawn.
The neighbours were wonderful and by the time the fire brigade got here they had it out.
Sheets of tin where banged onto flames and Pete got the water hose out.
It's a very hot day today with a slight wind just enough to fan it all up quickly.
So even though the neighbours and Pete got it out it was a wise move to ring 000.
Pete did say he wanted a new lawn mower!
And the block now no longer needs mowing.
And We've all practiced our evacuation plan.
And My fabric stash and machines are safe.
So all is well that ends well!
I need coffee...
10 comments:
Oh my! I'd need at least 2 coffees (Or at least put a shot of something into the first one) Thank goodness the kids and the fabric and sewing things were safe (oh and all that electronic stuff lol) Guess what Santa is bringing Pete for Christmas?
Whoa! That was a close one! Glad everyone is ok Tracy :)
Yikes! Could have been worse I guess.
oh wow! so glad it was put out quickly Tracy, how scary!!
Tracy, I'm so glad you all are ok. What an adventure for the day!
ohhhhh scary!!!! so glad you are all ok!!
Sheesh! Not the kind of excitement you really want!
Wow thank goodness no one was hurt, that your sewing shed & office are safe.
A small bonus is you now know what to get hubby for Christmas.
I hope you had an extra strong coffee!
oh my, goodness gracious, tg all are ok xxx
If you need a mower, I would be more than happy to drop off my "spare" on permanent loan. It goes well and has a catcher, somewhat old but has never had a lot of use.
spike47[at]bigpond[dot]com
Post a Comment