Friday, 19 November 2010

Mulberry Heaven

 We have a huge Mulberry tree.
It's taller than the shed and wider than it's tall.
And it's old. Probably over 50 years.

 And it's covered in fruit.
The kids are eating lots straight from the tree.
They've picked a couple of kilos everyday for the last week.
And still there is more fruit.
This is the Magic Pudding of Mulberry Trees!

I made a Mulberry Crumble cake.
Recipe HERE

 I've made Mulberry Pie.
Using the pastry recipe from HERE
and the filling from HERE

And Pete has made Mulberry Jam.
And still there is more Mulberries!
Stewed and frozen next I think and then I'll get the Fowlers out and preserve them.

6 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

I love Mulberries and I remember my MIL had a big Mulberry tree and my kids would go and collect buckets full and I would make Jam and pies and cakes too. Yummmm! Enjoy it all :)

tejedoraencantada said...

exquisito el pastel, y tus hijos encantados,

abrazos

Tas said...

Yuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Unknown said...

I wish...how yummy do those pies look. And the jam - MMM

Unknown said...

i use to love going down the back yard and eating mulberries off the tree until one day I ate one with a worm, LOL.

Oh that pie looks lovely Tracy ... with some vanilla icecream, yummmmmmm.

Lesley said...

Oh my I wise I had a mulberry tree, delicious!!