I designed this little top/dress.
Just long enough to cover the panties
Not long enough to get caught on crawling knees
I covered the plastic snaps at the shoulders with a crochet flower.
I really like the snaps for ease but they aren't pretty.
I had a lot of fun putting this together.
I wanted to add some crochet lace to the edge and while surfing for patterns came across Antique Pattern Libary, so lost a few hours while I was lost in there.
In the end I improvised the lace.
As I wanted something that curved around and wasn't full on the side edges of the skirt.
She may look all sweet and light.
But this kids can wiggle on the change table.
The reason why I designed this popover with fastening on the shoulders and the side.
Heather isn't far off walking.
Already pulls herself up on the furniture and is taking small steps while hanging on.
She's even let go a couple of times and plopped onto her bottom.
She has lots of willing helpers, the kids are all encouraging her, I'm not!
I know how much more work she'll be once she's running.
"Yeah, What you want?"
She's been hanging around her teenage sister, can you tell?
I'm going to make a couple more of these little outfits.
I'll take some photos and write up the directions and post the pattern.
Not with the crochet lace probably just with a ruffle.
I'm rather addicted to popovers.
6 comments:
Great design Tracy :) I quite like popovers too!
Lovely and practical! Boy, does Heather look like Michael in the last photo! Methinks she may well be as much trouble too...
So cute Tracy - just lovely!
beautiful Tracy. I love the crochet detailing.
Totally gorgeous :)
Tracy - this is so sweet - love the edging:)
Post a Comment