Saturday, 27 November 2010

Wool Toys & Friends Step-by-step Instructions For Needle-felting Fun

 I've spent the day happily playing with fibre!
I've had so much fun, apart from stabbing myself numerous times.

 Meet my two new creations.
The pixie and the sock monkey.
Both were made following the instructions from the book I bought in Port Pirie yesterday.

 The kids are arguing about whether this little fellow is a gnome or an elf.
He's supposed to be a pixie.

Wool Toys & Friends By Laurie Sharp
Hardback published by Creative Publishing 2010
I bought my copy at Meg's Bookshop in Port Pirie

It's available at the Book Depository  for less than I paid.
The Book Depository offers free world wide shipping too.
(I get no kick-back, although I should apply to be an affiliate)
I didn't have to wait for my copy to arrive and I like to support real life book shops if I can.

There are 15 didfferent projects in the book.
Most are needle felted and a few wet felted.
There are some trace off patterns at the back of the book.

The instuctions were very clear and step by step as the title says.
I really like the selection of projects.
Many are perfect for using in the classroom and at bedtime as props, when reading to children.
The fingers puppets are on my must do list and will make wonderful Christmas presents.
The supplies mentioned at the back are all American.
If you are looking for needle felting supplies I can recommend:

Ali at Craft Alley stock felting needles
Mandy at Ewe Give Me The Knits stocks felting needles and fibers

All the above I have bought from and been very happy with the service and products.

2 comments:

sophie said...

I love that little sock monkey ;-)

Mandy said...

Awww, gorgeous!