You can tell if it's a boy or girl Tracy by their head/belly. If it's a boy it has a big boof head and if it's a girl it'll have a big tummy, and a little head. They actually give birth to live young so I found out at preschool
They love a small piece of banana, especially if it is tending to be slightly over ripe. If you have strawberries they will pinch on or two of them too.
Several years ago, friends of ours had one on their farm and to stop him stealing their strawberries, of which they only had a few, they caught him and let him go down at the school bus stop nearly a mile way. He was back within a week, so next year they just planted more stawberries and when getting near ripe, put a metal guard around the plants that they wished to harvest, letting "Lizzie" have the others.
6 comments:
Gosh I haven't seen one of these in ages. You're very lucky to have one come for a visit :)
lizards are some of my favourite creatures on the earth. Back home, in Arkansas, we had tons of them...all sorts of shapes and sizes.
I didnt know my Henwoods were back..I have sooooo missed you.
You can tell if it's a boy or girl Tracy by their head/belly. If it's a boy it has a big boof head and if it's a girl it'll have a big tummy, and a little head. They actually give birth to live young so I found out at preschool
They love a small piece of banana, especially if it is tending to be slightly over ripe. If you have strawberries they will pinch on or two of them too.
Several years ago, friends of ours had one on their farm and to stop him stealing their strawberries, of which they only had a few, they caught him and let him go down at the school bus stop nearly a mile way. He was back within a week, so next year they just planted more stawberries and when getting near ripe, put a metal guard around the plants that they wished to harvest, letting "Lizzie" have the others.
that made me shiver, I guess when you have seen them a few times you get used to them?
Gill in Canada
Post a Comment