The model is outshining my knitting!
My Michael had a late nap yesterday.
He woke up at 8pm and I finally dragged him to bed with me at 2am.
He still took awhile to settle, jumping between us on the bed.
I wish I had that kid's energy.
I used the time to knit up this simple cowl.
On 10mm needles I cast on 20sts and knitted until I ran out of my handspun yarn.
Then twisted the piece and sewed the ends together.
A very simple looped scarf.
I woke at 8am to Pa and Pete using that Jack hammer again.
This time to dig up the dirt where the new pavers are going.
Michael is still asleep and it's almost 11am.
I don't won't to wake him too early in case he has another nap this afternoon and I end up having to stay up with him again.
Michael has never been a good sleeper.
Heather is a great sleeper and so were most of the others.
I've been itching to spin.
So dragged the wheel out this morning to spin a little more of an English Leicester fleece I bought from Jane at Moseley Park.
I gave this fleece a gentle wash.
And it's spinning up with just a light comb with a dog comb to open the ends.
It's spinning very fine.
I'm putting in a little extra twist as I'm going to make socks from this yarn.
5 comments:
Isn't she beautiful?! Look at that lovely clear skin and blue eyes, such a pretty girl. The cowl is very lovely too!
Hope Michael's sleep patterns improve with age, it must be exhausting for you.
That cowl! Those colours are just divine. glad to see Pa is still going strong. Your spinning is just amazing Tracy. Can't wait to watch you at the retreat.
The cowl is lovely. Your model is gorgeous, funny thing when you look at her and then cast your eye over to your picture ... it is amazing so alike.
Michael you little rascal, you and Sami would make great company LOL.
I know you appreciate Pa's visits as things GET DONE NO MATTER WHAT!! however after such a bad night I am sure you would have liked a sleep in. I bet he would have started at 6 am if he could have!
Rose and your scarf are lovely. At least Michael left you alone long enough to get some knitting done. Libby
I don't know how you do it, you're very industrious......
Gill in Canada
Post a Comment