Remember this?
It's now THIS
My model is very reluctant today.
It's stinking hot and her mother is making her put on a wool dress.
Yarn: handspun EL, grown and Dyed by Jane of Moseley Park fame.
Pattern: Maxi Top/ Dress by Elena Nodel
Needles: 4.5mm
Variations: Lots. I increased to put some flare in the skirt.
It's been a mad few days here.
The professionals are back and we now have ceilings and plaster dust.
The new door to the toilet is in and the old one bricked up.
You have to whistle when you shower as we still don't have a bathroom door.
The girls and I went to Adelaide yesterday to watch Tangled.
I'm still not sure if I liked the movie, the manipulative mother bit, has me a little uneasy.
I suppose it is part of life, people who pretend to be caring for their own gain.
But is this suitable for a kids movie?
I did enjoy the movie and it made me think about conditional and unconditional love.
It made me think about parenting and how I do it.
Am I as manipulative, as mother Gothel?
And is that always a bad thing?
Don't we do it to protect our kids, to raise them with the values we feel are important?
And when do we "allow" our kids to form their own value system?
And how do we react when our kids choose different values to our own?
4 comments:
Ha, my post today was the same, disgruntled models not wanting to participate, i only wanted to ensure the pants sat right, tee hee. Very hot here too. Love Posie
The dress is wonderful!
I loved Tangled (cried twice) but do know what you mean about Mother Gothel. I suppose that we need to remember that she is not actually Rapunzel's mother - she kidnapped her in the first place to meet her own desires, and has always been using her. In terms of our own mothering and manipulation, most of us behave the way we do because we love our children, and want to guide them in ways that we think appropriate.
Love the dress Tracy, you've been so very crafty lately!!
Im sure it was only for a minute she wore the woollen dress. That Mother Gothel sure is evil. Not at all like a real mother not one I know anyway
Post a Comment