Tuesday, 18 January 2011

It's jamming and saucing season

 Cherry plum Jam
I sort of followed the directions HERE
I used 1.1 kg of fruit weighted after I had cooked and removed the stones
and an equal amount of sugar.


 I love my Moulin, it makes it easy to get rid of of the stones and skins

 Three jars and a bowl of jam in the fridge.
The kids have taste tested and approved.

 Pete picked 3.2kg of tomatoes today.
I used a half recipe of my sauce recipe.

 The Moulin got another work out.

 The result, some very happy kids, two bottles of sauce 
and a bowl of sauce to go with the sausages for dinner tonight.

While I was busy in the kitchen, Pete was busy putting in the new path.
He had some help from Lilly.

4 comments:

zofia said...

oh yum Tracy. My mum has one of those moulis! I must try and dig it out.
Happy kids =happy mum!

sallyb said...

Tracy, when I scrolled to that pic of the jam, my mouth watered. YUM!! It all looks so good!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

YUM!! Looks delicious!! Shame about all the sugar, jam is so easy to sperad a little too much of, love Posie

Mary said...

yum and mouli's are great aren't they. I leave the skins in my cherry plum jam. They go all chewy and translucent and delicious. Path is looking good too.