Saturday, 29 January 2011

Fixing Mistakes

I'm currently knitting Hetty by Sarah Wright
I'm happily knitting along and then I notice it.
Instead of seed stitching 3 rows I'd only seed stitched 2 and a half rows.

Do I rip back and fix it?
Do I knit on as the mistake isn't really obvious.

Do I go back now and fix it?
  If I get to the end and then decided I can't live with the mistake, 
the fixing will take a lot more effort.

Decisions, decisions....
What do I do?

Some mistakes are just too big to leave unfixed.
Some mistakes I'll never see.
And some mistakes just add to the character of the fabric, 
design elements, as I like to call them.

That got me thinking about the mistakes I've made in life.
Do I go on and make the most of it or do I  go back and make amends?
Some mistakes in life can never be fixed,
the really bad ones you just have to pick yourself up from and move on.

Decisions, Decision.
Maybe knitting just gives me too much time to think!
.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ugh, I've been dealing with the same issue on my charcoal cardi. 13 extra stitches. Maybe I'll cast on something else while I decide.