Monday, 3 January 2011

MORE ..banging

 Pa's on a roll!
He's tearing up the bathroom now.
We're going to reuse the bath. It's an old metal enamel one.
The new ones I've been seeing in the shops are plastic.
I wish I was as fit as Pa is and he's in his 70's.

 That wall has to go.
It can't go yet the boys need to sure up the roof first.
But while they are waiting they're taking out the windows.
Pa like to keep moving.

 They knew how to build way back when this part of the house was built.
There is concrete everywhere and those walls could of withstood anything.
Pa recons who ever built those walls had shares in the cement company.

Ok the window is gone..
"What's next? What's next?" chants Pa.
Pete's diverting Pa with a quick trip to Adelaide to pick up a JACK Hammer!

5 comments:

Tas said...

OOoh, can't wait to see Pa let loose with a jack hammer. Batten down the hatches lol.

Peta said...

Wow Tracy you won't know yourself when it's all done. I hope I'm as fit at 70 too, in fact as fit as that now would be nice LOL!

Anonymous said...

I have several jack hammers, but alas I no longer have a compressor large enough to drive them.

I presume that he will be getting an electric one anyway as they are not as noisy as the compressed air models, and they don't blow dust into every nook and cranny of your house.

It's a pity, as I think the looks on your neighbours faces would have been priceless when you started.
Spike

Unknown said...

Way to go Pa, you are on fire!

midge said...

please pass on my thanks to pa. he made me think about my dad who was a retired builder and was always busy doing renovation jobs at our place. he died three years ago and i miss him every day. seeing those pics of pa's wiry frame labouring in the dust and dirt reminded me of charlie in the most lovely way. don't forget to make pa a cup, say thanks and give him a big hug