Sunday, 30 January 2011

Y-A-L Challenge

 This is the first item finished on my Y-A-L  challenge.

Pattern:  Bebop Cardi from Lion Brand Website
Yarn: Cardellino by Moda Vera, 3 balls.

I bought the yarn at spotlight earlier this week.
A total bargain, I bought 10 balls for $10 total.

 The Crafty Mama's Forum is having a Yarn A  Long Challenge.
You set your own challenge, write your challenge on the forum thread.
If you complete it by the end of February you go in the draw for a prize. 
Just to keep us all encouraged.

Here is my challenge:
1. A Pair of Socks to finish - I've already knit half a sock, was supposed to be Pete's Christmas present.

2. I bought Shannon's Versa pattern a couple of weeks ago. So that is on the list. Yarn: Acrylic from Spotlight sale Cardellino. I got 1kg for $10!!

3. A Hetty Not sure which yarn as yet, but it is for Lilly the grot monster, Miss I'll put this on to go dig up the veggie patch and roll in the mud.

4. A pair of gloves or mitts for FOR ME!! Will come back and add a link when I've found THE pattern.I decided on THESE

5. A Bebop Cardi Because I really liked the link Liz put up to it and it should be a really quick project too.

So I can cross the Bebop Cardi off my list.
I feel like I'm cheating with this one as it was very quick to crochet up.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great list! The cardi looks gorgeous in that yarn. Pepper has just outgrown the one I made for her last year. Might be inspired to hook up another now.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cardi on gorgeous girl! My goodness, that was quick! Do you ever sleep Tracy?!

Anonymous said...

HI Tracy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have enjoyed having a little read of yours.
I love this cardi. Very cute.
I also love that you say parenting is hard. I think we all should say it. It doesn't mean it's not the most amazing thing in the world (which I think it might be!) but it's still hard work - and you have had 7 kids. Well done.
I'll be popping back around here.
ta
Bec