I've been sewing for the boys.
These tops are Imke another pattern from Sewing Clothes Kids Love.
I love this book!
What great value all those patterns plus the book.
You couldn't buy just the patterns for that price.
Even better is that if I wanted to I could even sell the clothes I make from this book.
Not that I have the time to do that, with 7 children of my own to sew for.
I'm not sure what it is about IMKE that makes little boys pretend to be Ninja's wearing it.
My boys greeted their new shirts with "Cool!"
They love the hoods.
Liam does make a fierce Ninja.
I lined both the hoods as the fabric was a t-shirting and not very thick.
I got the hood fabric from the op-shops.
There are some great op-shops in my area.
The body is a knit fleece my friend Wendy and her mum gave me last time they visited.
They gave me a whole roll of it.
It's a poly-cotton, low pil and Australian Made.
What is it with little boys and sticks?
Even Michael wanders around with a stick.
I made Fern an Insa too this week.
I added just a little elastic to the seams of the overskirt and I'm happy with the 'look'.
I love sewing for my kids so it's great that they love to wear what I sew.
Commerically made kids clothing is cheaper so I don't save money by sewing.
But my kids are wearing something I made, something unique.
I like to think they are wearing a hug from me.
3 comments:
wearing a hug... that is so nice! Something to remember when I make something for my girls!
I actually think that speical occasion clothes are pricey and these are cheaper to sew, and more pretty, to my opinion, but I especially like that I can make the girls what they want... The color, the fabric... Can't do that in RTW!
As always - I love you work!
You remind me of my Mother,... many, many years ago. She made nearly all of my clothes and squeezed in her housework and a job as well. I have no idea how she did it all.
I think thats great, I learnt how to sew when I was pregnant with my first daughter in 2008 and am now sewing for my next one who is due in a few weeks. I love the satisfaction of seeing my little one in things I have created with my own hands for her. I agree that it is not always cheaper but I enjoy sewing so much. I also try and find fabric from the op shops and reuse old clothes.
Thank you for being an inspiration.
Post a Comment