Today's sewing effort.
Lilly came home from school crying.
The skirt brightened her up.
I used a corduroy print I found in an Op-shop in Pt Pirie.
The pink is a voile I bought in a Crafty Mama's special buy.
The ric-rac was bought at the Gladstone Op-shop.
I did add the elastic gathering to the outer skirt this time.
I almost unpicked it. I'm not that keen on it being in the panels
I may try it on the side seams with Fern's.
I'm really impressed with Sewing Clothes Kids Love .
The instructions are clear and easy to follow.
There are lots of tips on how to sew a quality garment and many ideas for embellishing.
I'm determined to sew, knit, crochet and weave down the stash this year.
4 comments:
Your Insa is gorgeous! I love seeing how everybody interprets it so differently. Your kids are pretty cute too.
I love the way the skirt turned out! and I share your opinion regarding the book! I love to see your work, and this one is no exception!
Very cute. I love the contrasting fabric textures.
I just read your intro on sewingcircle.com and had to befriend you because you have seven children and so do I! Glad to see you there.
Post a Comment