Saturday, 17 April 2010

New bag

Vickie sent me a Random Act Of Kindness Gift.
This morning in an effort to not just add her gift to my stash.
I sat down and designed and sewed this bag.
I managed to use everything she sent me! 
Only adding some of the lace to the stash.

 
I even used a little iron on motif and some vintage buttons I've had in my stash for a very long time.
I sewed a snap as the closure and used a button for decoration.
The bag is my own design.
I made it to  use up both fat quarters and I did use up every scrap!
The outer fat quarter made the outer body, band and inner pocket
The lining fat quarter made the lining and the handles.
I used some left over fleece for the wadding.

Thank you Vickie for your gift and the inspiration to make this little bag.


3 comments:

Vickie said...

wow wow oh wow what a terrific job you have done it looks absolutely gorgeous..good on you,cheers Vickie

Tas said...

You clever chook, you!

Denise in PA said...

That fabric is gorgeous - lucky girl! You did a great job!