The whole family got busy in the shed today doing a major clean up.
The shed had got so messy we weren't using it.
It's still not perfect, but we made a really good start.
I've got way too much 'stuff'!
And so have the kids
Time for a major cull of the toys and books.
We are fast growing out of our little cottage.
We are house hunting for a bigger house or extending
The thought of moving or extending is enough to scare me into reducing the clutter.
So here's my resolution...
I will not buy any books. magazines, fabric or yarn for the next twelve months!
That should give us some extra money towards the new house or extension.
I'm putting a ticker on the blog to keep me honest.
Now I'm not going to completely cut myself off my craft addiction.
I'm still allowed to buy fiber.
8 comments:
You could cull your craft items to sell (on your blog) or trade, or host a giveaway! I cleaned out last year (we put our house on the market, but it still hasn't sold)and gave away a ton of craft supplies. Many of the supplies went to teachers who have reduced budgets but we delighted to receive my stuff! And I was very glad to keep it out of a land fill. I also gave fabric scraps to quilter friends. Now my studio is not only easier to keep clean, but others who do not have the $$$$ to craft since the economy is bad, have supples. We are downsizing so I know I can not buy someting I will not use, no matter how lovely it is!
Tracy where are your machines? I remember last year when you cleaned up the shed, I appreciate it does does not take long for the clutter to overwhelm you.
WOW 1 year, that is a BIG commitment. ok so if you see a great Enid bargain on ebay you will let us know right? ;-)
That is one good looking shed. Good luck with the buying goal (um, I am sincere, no sarcasm here)
You are a stronger woman than me, Tracy. You can live vicariously through my purchases if you like :)
Good for you Tracy. I have been on a yarn ban since Jan 01 and I've done ok - I've only needed to buy one ball to finish a project.
But I have replaced with with buying books and fabric.
I think I might join you.
Oh and the Shed looks great if you ask me
It's looking good..I need to do this too.
yikes Tracy! thats a big challenge! Good aim though!
good luck with that Tracy!
We do have too much stuff, don't we? We hardly buy any toys ect for the kids, but others have given them so much, and its getting out of control. They don't even know what they have got half the time.
I am trying to avoid unnecessary fabric shopping too. I have so many lovely bits in the cupboard to be used up first.
Post a Comment