I bought some dyed fleece from Wirrabarra last Sunday.
I spun it up Tuesday night and knitted it up last night.
I spun the fleece into a thick single, which I felted slightly to strengthen.
I purposely spun it uneven to add more texture.
It's nice that I'm now at a stage with my spinning I can do something deliberately and not by mistake!
The hat was knitted on 5.5mm circular needles.
I am going to spend some time this winter perfecting my spinning and knitting up my handspun yarns.
I may even try to sell a few of my handspun wool hats.
I knitted up the merino I finished spinning last week.
I made it into a simple triangle scarf and crocheted a ring to fasten with.
I love how the wool striped up.
The scarf was knitted on 4.5mm needles.
I used this pattern Simple But Effective Shawl
I knitted until I was almost out of wool.
Then crocheted around the 3 sides and crocheted a ring for the tie.
I think it came up very pretty.
Rose is modeling. She wants to keep it.
1 comment:
Wow girl they look amazing well done and no wonder Little miss Rose wishes to keep it it's gorgeous,cheers Vickie
Post a Comment