Monday, 12 April 2010

Kwik Sew Sewing for Toddler and Martha Pullen Applique

Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers is one of those must have classic books.
I used the raglan jacket pattern from Kwik Sew.
 I used the dinosaur applique from Martha's Favorites Applique book.
I had an off cut of sweatshirt Jersey which I had bought at the op-shop and some rainbow polar fleece.
And this is what I came up with.
I used different coloured snaps for the fastenings.


a
The dino on the back has button eyes.
I bound the sleeves and neckline with polar fleece.
I threaded some elastic through the neckline as I didn't stay stitch and it stretched out when I sewed the binding on! And as I didn't use a ribbed collar the neckline wasn't pulled in and was too large anyway.
Michael was pretty impressed!

An extra Photo just because he's so cute!

5 comments:

michal said...

it looks great! so cute! I will look for this book now, have never heard of it before!

Ali said...

OH I want a dino jacket like that too - very very nice Tracy

Unknown said...

oh that looks really great, how cool and original.

Launi said...

Oh, he IS sooo cute! You are so brave to do applique' work--too scary for me. But your results are just beautiful.

johanna said...

love the jacket Tracy = the dino applique is really cute