Wednesday, 20 April 2011

I love the park

 I really appreciate a good play ground and park.
Our local one is wonderful.
Lots of green grass to run and play on.
Lots of play equipment to swing, climb, rock and jump on.
And lovely free BBQ's, cleaned by the local council staff who do a fabulous job.

 We've had pancakes on the BBQ twice this week!
We had so much fun the first time we had to go back and do it again.
The perfect place to meet up with friends.

 There are many smart mums who host birthday parties at the park.
No worries about cleaning up the house, or kids making a mess.
Lost of space to play games and run.

 I'm always amused by the way kids make new friends at the park.
Without the inhibitions of adults, they are happy to play with anyone.
Games get invented and lifelong friends made. 

So here's my tip for the school holidays..
Mix up some pancake mix, pour it into a milk carton.
Pack some maple syrup, cream, jam. butter, sugar and lemon.
Take some oil, BBQ tools, paper plates and paper towels.
Pack your knitting and some water.
Ring a friend.
And head to the park for a couple of hours.

5 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

Lovely idea. My sons are grown now but I remember doing similar things when they were little. Your children are cute :)

Marie said...

Sounds like a fantastic day.

sallyb said...

Ahh, dappled sunlight in the park... it can't be beaten can it?

Unknown said...

oh how I long for a local park, we don't have places like that over here. You are very lucky. and those pancakes look yummy!

Tas said...

Good advice. Our family need to do more of this stuff, that's for sure.