I had a little more time last night in the shed sewing.
I made up another short sleeves Sew Simple and drafted up a long sleeve version too.
I made the long sleeve version in velour.
Added a couple of doily pockets.
The longer sleeves should keep Heather a little warmer in Autumn.
I'm debating if I will make this one available as a free pattern.
I'm feeling a little grumpy with the web world right now.
I'm rather over the popularity contest that blogs have become.
I was never popular at high school either and of late the blog world is starting to remind me of high school.
People happy to link to me with their opinion of my work
but not leave me any feedback.
People who will 'borrow' my photos but then comment on how they don't like my fabric choice but the pattern is OK.
People who link to my pattern saying how lovely it is but commenting on how unclear my photos and instruction are.
I think it's fine to make an honest assessment of someones efforts and work.
What I do find upsetting is these same people don't make an effort to leave me any feedback.
So how am I to address any of these problems, if I don't know about them?
It reminds me of the behind your back gossip at school.
If you have something to say, please say it to me first.
I can't do anything about something I don't know about!
How do I know what is being written about me?
Well, what some may not know, is blogger now has stats and those stats will give you the links to those who have linked to you.
Maybe I just need to stop reading my stats and then I wouldn't be so MAD.
I make stuff for my children and share with the blog world.
It takes me maybe two extra hours to write up the tutorial and post the patterns.
This is done for free, I am not charging anyone for my patterns.
All I ask is some feedback in return and what I consider common courtesy,
But then again courtesy may not be that common anymore!
5 comments:
I am sorry people have made you feel this way. FWIW, I think you are pretty darn cool. ;)
Hmm, disappointing to hear.
I didn't know about the link thing in stats, I'll probably uncover some unpleasantries if I go looking!
For what it's worth, I think your tutes are great, I think it's amazing that you take the time to share and I think Heather looks very cute in that dress!
Oh no, thank kind of sucks & i wonder where blog kindness & common sense has gone?? Love Posie
That would make me mad too! I have to say that I am making a more concerted effort these days to comment and thank bloggers when I've discovered something great that I'm going to try. But it is sad to think that the 'high-school' behaviour happens so often.
help...keep me from reading my stats. I am not into popularity contests. Blogs are ours. That means our likes/dislikes/successes/failures......the whole jolly lot. But it is our story. And if someone does not like it. Butt out!
Hugs friend.
Post a Comment