Tuesday, 12 April 2011

A rather dorkey Easter bunny

Mad Quilter's
Dorkey Rabbit

 Why Dorkey?
Well I think it looks a little dorkey. 
I chatted to my friend Bronnie about Dorkey Bunny.
I wasn't sure if I should share his pattern as he is rather dorkey in my opinion.
Everyone has different tastes, someone might like him, said Bronnie

 I used calico and a scrap of quilting fabric to make the pocket.
Cut 2 of the rabbit.
Cut 1 of the pocket on the fold, with fabric right side out.

 Baste pocket to the front and add three crosses for the face.
I embroidered the crosses,
a laundry marker could be used to draw the crosses on.


 Place the two right sides together and stitch around the bunny.
Leave the opening for stuffing as indicated on the pattern.
I used a short straight stitch for this job. 
Use a short stitch to make the seam stronger 
and less likely to pull apart when the seam is clipped into.

 Clip well into the curves.

 When turning the bunny poke his ears in first.
Makes turning him easier.

Start by stuffing into his ears first.
Use small amounts of stuffing and stuff out his cheeks too.
If you use too big an amount of stuffing it doesn't fill the curves well.
It's often cheaper to buy a cushion insert or pillow, than stuffing from a craft store.
As Bunny is probably not going to be a lifelong friend, 
I don't stress about him being not made of topnotch fabrics and filling.
He'll hold a hard boiled egg in his pocket.
Or a little chocolate one.
This year I'm planning on a handmade Easter.

9 comments:

Wallis Creek Farm said...

No way he is dorkey Tracy...or that means I am :D as I am definatley making one. I reckon Mollie will too!!
Thanks Tracy..great pattern!

Ness said...

Love it! I have tons of fabric on hand so I might have to go and cut some out now! Thanks for the pattern.

Tas said...

Heck, you are productive, lady!

sallyb said...

I think he makes the perfect gift: quick and easy and cute!

Margot said...

Love it...thanksss ♥

Sharon Marie said...

Very cute.

Unknown said...

he is way cute, not dorky!

quiltzyx said...

Cute Bunny! I may have to try to make him myself. :D

Sea Star said...

I kept reading that as "Donkey" He is neither Donkey or Dorkey, LOL! He is a cutie!
Mel
xx