Rose, Lilly and I went for a walk to work off all that Easter feasting.
We live close to the Bundaleer Forest.
There are many walking trails through the forest and
the Heysen and Mawson trails also pass through.
It was a nice walk up the hill.
The view from the top was worth the climb.
We could see for kilometers across the fields.
The wind turbines were far off in the distance.
I think they are ugly and you have to question how green they are
when they take so much to construct and transport across the world.
South Australia is littered with tumbed down stone buildings.
Makes me wonder about all that time, hope and effort put into constructing these buildings.
And why they were eventually abandoned.
The trails are well sign posted with information boards along the way.
The old stone walls, built so long ago.
All that time and effort.
Did the builders make a go of this harsh land?
The walk was 4.6kms and a fair bit of it up hills.
Rose and Lilly did well.
Lilly got a little tired towards the end.
I really enjoyed the girls company on the walk, they loved it as much as I did.
Another abandoned house.
It would of looked lovely in it's day.
It had 6 rooms, bigger than our little cottage.
I think these are the reinforcing bars to keep the walls straight.
And this would of been the kitchen, I think.
The fireplace is different from the other rooms,
probably to take a wood stove and oven.
4 comments:
Looks like a lovely walk. We live in such a beautiful country
We have been blessed with the weather this Easter break and school holidays. Lovely time to spend together with the girls.
That last house makes me thing of Grand Designs because I swear in England someone would come along and redo that house (and it would go massively over budget!!! LOL).
Looks like a great day out. The weather here in Sydney hasn't been that conducive to outdoor activity.
It does look like a lovely walk!
The picture of the stone wall (5th from the top) - the wall looks like a camel waiting for a rider!
Post a Comment