Thursday, 21 April 2011

Our Holiday Monsters

There are some fabulously talented and inspiring women writing blogs.
One of them is Jenny at ..Ohjoh..

After reading her blog yesterday 
I decided to plagerise her Holiday Monsters.
I did leave her a message and tell her I was about to steal her idea!

 The kids started by drawing their monsters.
Half way through the process I felt like banging my head against the wall.
 Rose had her third round of tears and 'I cann't"
Fortunately Liam and Lilly were less traumatised by the imperfection of their creations.

 At the end of a very stressful morning we each completed our Monsters.

Being the imperfect mother of a perfectionist isn't easy.
My little perfectionist has to correct everyone.
She gets very upset with any of us if we aren't right and has to correct us all.
How do you help a 'right' fighting kid, 
accept that sometimes it's ok for others to be wrong?
Sometimes for the sake of peace and good relations,
it's better not to tell everyone they are wrong.
I can see her future relationships being hard to maintain.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

great idea and well done for persevering being a perfectionist is never easy on those around you.

Tracy said...

Clo - My mother tells me Rose is a lot like me!! NEVER cry I, you're wrong about that MUM ;)

Marie said...

Tracy - I am LOLing at your monster. Please tell me that it a three legged monster.

At least you are doing stuff with the kids. I am happy enough for mine to be able to play together while I do other stuff.

Jenny @ ohjoh said...

AWESOME monsters!!!
Well done!
I don't know about the fabulous & inspiring - but thanks anyway - more like desperate, just clinging to the socially acceptable side of sane and needing some school holiday peace:)
Glad your lot enjoyed the monsters too.
Cheers
Jenny

Kate said...

I LOVE the monsters!
I might need to copy jenny's idea too.
Mine would love it.
But I'm afraid I have a bit of a perfectionist too.
Might have to stress before hand that they are meant to be wonky.

Unknown said...

haha they are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea Tracy - wherever you got it from.
I can fully understand about the perfectionist - April is just the same!!! Libby

Tas said...

Great job. I am the perfectionist in this house and have to try hard to let the kids have a free reign. Well done on your crafting-with-kids time. I find it a challenge each time.