
I've made a few of these now. Another one of Enid's simple designs. So simple, so easy. The instructions suggest making this from an adult's woolen jumper.

This one in printed polar fleece. The edge is finished with a hand blanket stitch and the button holes are also done by hand.

This one is a knit lined with microfleece. Lining it means I don't have to finish the edges, just sew it up and turn it through. Nice and warm. I still need to add the closure.

And this is the one I made from an old sweatshirt. To make this one I placed a cutting line along the shoulder and sleeve. The edges are turned and hemmed and a couple of appliques to jazz it up.
Once you get the pattern drafted these little jackets are so quick to make! You can really go to town embellishing them too. Wouldn't it be great if Enid was re-published with modern fabrics and style! Maybe someone needs to ask New Idea if they could please update and reprint these classic designs...
6 comments:
I love the things that you have been making over the past few days!
It makes me want to sew today....aw heck!! I want to sew every day!
I was thinking of you and your speed sewing when I found an old photo from my Knitwit days and bravely put it in the blog today.
Those were the days when I came home and made an outfit and wore it the next day.
Where did the years and that energy go. I guess it was around in the early '80's.
Thanks for your visit today.
Those little jackets are cute! I like them all! These patterns are very very sweet..
Love the pink paisley fabric and the jacket too.
We just love the things u do.
From the Nguyen Familyxxxxoooo
Hi
I have tagged you in a blog game. To see the details if you would like to participate go to
http://lookingoutabrokenwindow.blogspot.com/2008/05/tag-y
this is one very cute jacket!
Oh and good luck with the building...I know all about that dust... it is everywhere here too ;-)
Post a Comment