Thursday, 15 May 2008

Retro pattern and Op-shop fabrics


The Crafty Mamas challenge this month is to create something from vintage materials.
I used a vintage pattern book to create my entry.


This is the pattern i drafted to make a Tent Smock for Rose. Drafting the pattern takes a little time but it isn't hard.

And here is the result.

The fabrics came from the op-shops in Port Pirie. The wavy one is a knit and the blue something nasty in synthetic. Rose loves her new smock. I think it looks trendy.

Fern wants one too and if I alter the pattern I should be able to make a smaller version for Lilly. But Lilly didn't go without today. I made her a circle skirt so she can twirl around the garden. I used the skirt pattern in the Sweetbaby soaker, but left the soaker part off.

Here is Lilly twirling away.

No comments: