Friday, 30 May 2008

Playtime for me.


New toys! the Clover Yoyo maker, Ottobre Design and Sew Pretty Homestyle.

I had a bit of a spending spree last week. I've made a few yoyos already and plan on turning them into a yoyo toy, haven't decided what yet. I made the little needle case from a pattern in Sew Pretty Homestyle. There are a few nice quick sewing patterns in there.



I'll pack these into a little bag and take them with me this evening. We're off to Futsal and Scouts. I have plans of finding a nice cosy corner and stitching up a pile of yoyos.
A great idea for using up those scraps of dressmaking fabrics I can't bear to throw away. I don't think I'm going to run out of scraps too soon!

5 comments:

Tine said...

Those yoyo-makers are so much fun! I love them :-) I just never know what to do with the yoyos...

Chookyblue...... said...

love making the yoyo's and the Sew pretty book should be coming to me soon...........

Chookyblue...... said...

love making the yoyo's and the Sew pretty book should be coming to me soon...........

Jana Nielson said...

I've been wanting to get the Ottobre mag!

Does that Yoyo gizmo work well? I have been making tons of Yoyo's to tie on the top of gifts this Christmas.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I got a yo-yo maker when we were in Georgia last year and just love it. I use mine on my quilts to hide the rotten corners where my seams don't meet ;)

Great blog by the way, a bit of everything, just how I like it!!