"No", said I, "I've got this quilt to do."
"Please," said Clarry.
"Oh, all right" said I.

The head and ears were from left-overs but the body came from my fat-quarter stash. I like sunflowers. Missy Mouse's head and body are joined with a curved seam. And I managed not to pucker it! Her ears caught in the seam and were made by tracing off 2 pieces of the fabric for each ear, sewing them together and turning them through. Missy Mouse's tail is a boot lace.. (umm ...No Peter I haven't seen those boot laces you bought and left in the kitchen unattended...)

A little bit of felt for her eyes and nose and some thread wiskers and she's all done waiting for Fern to come home and save her from being eaten by Clary. Clary was supervising the construction of Missy Mouse and was very quick to chase after her when she was finished.

And I got back to work on the quilt. It's coming on beautifully. The top is together and tonight after Michael settles I'll lay out the backing and batting ( a yummy bamboo out) and pin up my quilt sandwich. I can't share any photos yet as I need to get permission from the customer first.
And Jane ... I think a Lion may just have to come and visit soon. James is complaining I haven't made him a friend yet!
And Jane ... I think a Lion may just have to come and visit soon. James is complaining I haven't made him a friend yet!

3 comments:
hehe had to laugh at the Boot laces going missing. Great Mouse!! :-)
Well Moggie would love to chase that mousie around and bring her to me. She likes to put them in
the shower...it is a bit like a skating rink.
At least one can shut the door while you decide to be brave and deal with the rodent. We will not tell Miss Mouse that bit though.
Fortunately I think they have been persuaded to go and live elsewhere.
Tracy!!
The more I read your blog, the more I think that we were twins seperated at birth!!
You make me laugh!! (and now I have to go make a mousie!)
Post a Comment