
I made these using the pants pattern. I altered it by increasing the rise, especially at the back. I simply added a fleece waistband, slightly stretched. The rise on these is huge almost goes up to Michael's armpits, just the way I wanted them. It's so cold here at night and often when I pick him up his singlet and top will rise and expose his tummy and back. The extra high rise will keep him warm on cold winter nights. He's in cloth nappies and an All-in-one suit tends to not fit over his bulky bottom, it's also a little tricky to change in the middle of the night. These pants are made out of Polar fleece and they act like a waterproof nappy cover, keeping the bedding dry.
Michael and Peter.


2 comments:
Oh Tracy, you are so talented and so quick. I wish I was. Having six children slows me down. You just seem to speed up.
I just feel like sewing that vintage apron for my lil BeccaGrace now.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Shell
www.shellsgang.blogspot.com
hehe here I am trawling through your old blogs and getting lost. What are you doing to me? All I want to do now is go Op shopping... but its 11.12pm on a Saturday night lol
Those pants are super cute! I think that will be the first thing I sew when I get a machine :)
Post a Comment