Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Now you see it.... Now you don't


The Wall


No Wall!

The kitchen renovations have begun. Everyone warned me of the dust and I "thought" I knew what I was in for but... it's so fine, it's everywhere! It will take weeks to clean it up. As soon as you damp wipe, the dust resettles from the air.

Ii turned out, the wall was load bearing. A beam had to go in to support the roof. Then the wall was removed. The builder saved as many of the bricks as he could. He thinks the wall was original to the house. We'd all though it had been added on much later. I feel like a vandal now.

The builder is back tomorrow to put in the new ceilings.

Be back later tonight with a sewing post.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. I love to follow a renovation and kitchen ones are some of the best.
Just wait for the plasterer and try to make it an overnight trip, or whatever it takes.....vbg.
And your little man looks so cute in his new pants. Am late reading today.

NeveMaggie said...

Tracy we have done the exact same thing , knocking down a wall and oh my god the dust was amazing. I am such a dust , dirt freakout person that I can assure you , you will get through it .

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Aaargghh...don't you just hate the mess? I would be anywhere but there! I would come back when it was finished!

Jana Nielson said...

Ahhhh! The old Disappearing Wall trick!!...seen it before, still a good trick though!