Sunday, 11 May 2008

Bella Butterfly for Donna

I wasn't going to make anymore... but I can't say no.


Here are the pattern pieces.


Bella's wings were pieced together then sewn onto the body pieces. The antenna was tacked onto the head. Then the two pieces were placed right sides together and sewn around leaving a gap for stuffing and turning. Once stuffed and the gap closed with an over stitch , I quilted between the body and wings with perle5 cotton. This gives a little shape. The face was embroidered on with back stitch and a colonial knot.

The fabrics for Bella were "left over" from the quilt, I'm currently working on. Hopefully I'll get photos up on the blog today.

Happy Mothers' Day everyone. I hope you get treated to a little pampering.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Aww, that's lovely! Bet Donna will love it ;)

Anonymous said...

Thought I would tell you that some clipart started to talk to me about your softees..so I popped a link in.