Sunday, 11 May 2008

Memory Quilt


Almost all done. Just the name to go in the block at the bottom and the label to do. Then it's off to it's new owner.


Isn't this a beautiful family! Those girls are have the sweetest faces.


Peter is a Photoshop wizard. The original photos were scanned in then Peter got to work. He cropped them and dropped them into black and white then brought back a little of the colour in each. I guided him a little, pointing out which colours I wanted back to blend in with the fabrics.



The fabrics had to co-ordinate with the dress and the photos.


I've so enjoyed making this. I think my quilting passion may be making a bit of a comeback. My knitting needles and crochet hooks may get themselves a little rest.

Hoo Roo

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Look at your quilt- that owner is going to be so happy Your work is amazing, and Pete has done a good job on the photos as well.
well done- your so talented!

Jodie said...

Tracy,

What a beautiful creation! You are amazing :)

I just had to come and 'visit' you via your blog.

I realised I have missed you! Here's hoping I get up your way again soon,

Jodie x x

kymmy said...

I love it.
I want one for us. :)

kassycon said...

I am so glad I found your blog and am subscribing to it as I think it will help stimulate my ideas and creativity.
Kathy
McKinney, TX

Jana Nielson said...

That quilt is amazing!! You really are and artist!!

Unknown said...

wow, that is something special, well done