
I've made a few little items from this book. I found this one on Ebay.

The pattern drafting is pretty simple. I added a little length as the fashion for children was much shorter when the book was first published.

The fabric was sourced from an op-shop. I have another 2 yards of it. The pocket was made from a vintage napkin. The little bird and flowers on the pocket are cross stitched. When in op-shops I always check out the linen selection looking for little treasures to embellish with.

I hand hemmed and added a vintage button.
8 comments:
That is such a great idea Tracy! I always see beautiful embroidered linen in the oppys and wonder what I could do with it :)
Tracy, that is particularly cute! I'd love to make something like that for Miss Stella (although I do have an astounding number of patterns sitting in the drawer already).
I'm enjoying your blog, and thanks so much for your comments on mine - sorry I don't reply or comment more often, life has been absurdly busy here over the past month or so!
That is such a cute dress!
That comment on the dresslength made me LOL. I have some of my moms old patterns from the 70s, and the little girls' dresses only barely cover their bottoms!! So I've added length as well :-)
How funny! I made that dress for my daughter when she was small, and she's now 30! An oldie but a goodie..
hey Tracy :P I'm tagging you, for this...
http://journeytothedarktower.blogspot.com/2008/05/ooh-ive-been-tagged.html
Have fun ;)
Thats lovely tracy. (Sigh), I wish I could get half as many things done as you!
great dress and so impressed that you have used recycled fabrics. a friend gave me an enid gilchrist children's sewing book recently - i'm yet to try something from it but am looking forward to it.
I love this dress!! The little pocket is too cute. Enid's paterns are amazing, arent they. My mum use to sew our baby clothes from one of her magazines, I have even used a few of the patterns for my girls.
Post a Comment