Clarry also started life as a piece of A4 paper, with a tail cut from another piece.

He does look very spiffy in his ribbon and bell. I had to put the bell on so he doesn't scare the birds. I hope he's a good mouser ..we need one around here. Ollie is too aristocatic to actually catch a mouse!

The fabrics, once again, were left overs and these also came from the op-shop. Clarry's face is made of felt. With colonial knots and embroidery features. Clarry is going to be Rose's special friend. I hope he gives her lots of cuddles and makes her feel better about her poor chipped tooth and the visit she had to the dentist this morning.
I've had a commission for a memory quilt sitting there waiting to be done for the last few weeks. The inspiration just hasn't been there to start. Peter has edited all the photos in Photoshop. He dropped them all into black and white and brought back some colour in each of them. The photos have come up beautiful. They are all printed onto fabric and have sat and sat for 3 weeks waiting on me. Well I finally took them in hand this morning. Having no idea what I was going to do with them. I started by just cutting them up, then I thought they need a border ..so I've bordered them with 2 inch strips of fabric and that is as far as I've got this morning. But now I've actually started the muse is talking.
How arty farty of me to talk of muse. I'm really not the arty farty type. I'm pretty level headed most of the time. I find through that quilting for me is almost a spiritual activity. It's being connected to something outside of myself. When I start a new quilt I have no idea what's going to happen, they seem to make themselves. Weird hey! Once I actually start a quilt I get this huge rush and excitement to finish to see what it will become.. I find this really strange as I'm the one creating it! My quilts are a lot like my children. I may grow them and nurture them but they become there own unique individuals in the end.


3 comments:
Hi Tracy, thank you very much for the comment, yeah, i like to quilt when i have a free time but most of my quilts are hand quilted so it take a realy long time to finish until recently i bought a new sewing machine which can do quilting, now i'm learning how to do it. You're very creative and dedicated quilter, how you manage to do so many project, i realy admirer. Anyway wish you a very Happy Mother's Day. All the best and keep in touch
Moggie says, "Yeah..she got it right" "The right animal"
So having the furry paw of approval I am sure you will only
go one from strengh to strength....
One lion coming up........vbg.
Do you ever get tired of people asking, "How do you do it all?"! You are amazing!
I have to make a babooshka do for my Mum. She collects them! Thanks for the instructions!
Post a Comment